Sunday, October 22, 2006

Tori visits!!

Tori came to visit me this past weekend and it was SOO much fun. It was amazing to show her around Paris as if this was my home, but then I remembered that it is!! It was also kinda of bizarre because I feel like I've grown so much from the person I was in SD and while she was here I felt like I was two different ppl. Does that make sense? It is kind of the way I felt when I kicked it with ppl from Cerritos and San Diego together. wierd. Plus it was actually wierd to speak english all day.

Anyway, she got in at midnight on Thursday and of course we spent all night talking. You gotta hear about her experience getting a massage in greece, it was hilarious! kinda like a skit out of SNL but creepier.

We get up and ready to go on friday. checked out the louvre. then walked along the Seine until Notre Dame. we had amazing fallafels in the Jewish quarter at this one spot that Lenny Kravitz goes to. we are girls so of course we went shopping. Zara and H & M because there isnt a lot of shopping in Firenze. I took Tori to meet a friend of mine but it was a bit difficult because she didnt speak french and he sucks at english. it was funny. they were trying italian and spanish. just didnt work out. after dropping all our crap back at my place (tori loved the 6 flight hikes), we walked all the way to the Eiffel Tower. We went all the way to the top. To this day, it still takes my breath away. I remember the moment i fell in love with paris two years ago and it happened all over again this time. we went right at sunset and it could not have been anymore beautiful. check out the video. we were starving so we headed to the latin quarter and tried a "real" french restaurant. it was shit. had some onion soup that tasted like water with floating onions. and we ended up paying a grip for it too. the beer that we had at dinner got us a little loose so we decided to pick up some wine and start the night off right!

Went back to my place and got ready / pre-partied with my neighbors. they invited us out to play billiards so we went and it turned out that the club we were going to was right next door. we ordered this huge ass "giraffe" of beer with a spout on it and got even more buzzed. check out the pic. around midnight we headed to the club and danced the night away to euro pop and old hits like jennifer lopez and justin timberlake haha. we spent most of the time on the poles and on the stage. what state girls! haha. it was a blast. took a cab back home and were in bed by 3 something. not too bad.

On Tori's last day, we got going kinda late and headed straight to this crepe place that I had seen in my let's go travel guide. AMAZInG! Tori had a crepe with steak, egg, cheese, and tomatoes and I had one with steak, cream sauce, and spinach. we topped it off with dessert crepes that will make u keel over and die. seriously. it was an awesome meal on the island St. Louis in a cute little quarter of Paris. We did a bit of souvenir shopping then it was time to get her to her drop off point. I am so glad I got to share a bit of my life here with someone I really care about. I think she got a sense of how happy I am. I really love Tori and appreciate her friendship so much. It took her 10 hrs total to get here from Firenze. bus train and plane. what a friend right? this was def one of the best times in Paris yet. i<3> Image hosted by Webshots.com
by kimmyduEw

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home